Probate and Deceased Estates
Compounding grief with issues in Estate administration is one of life’s big challenges. So it’s best to get some experienced help in this arena.
Because Stuart Garrett Lawyers are so skilled and experienced in administering the deceased Estates, we understand the subtleties and issues that arise when dealing with an Estate, particularly at a time when you are grieving the loss of an important person in your life.
Our professional advice is timely, accurate and effective. We assist with the procedures and administration that require good focus on details and a clear approach.
Take some pressure off and let us help you with:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of Estate law – we explain the process to you in plain English
- Advising executors and Trustees in regard to their duties, obligations and alternatives
- Identifying Estate assets and liabilities
- Obtaining valuations of estate property
- Dealing with government bodies including Centrelink and Veterans Affairs
- Paying Estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs and testamentary expenses
- Advising in regard to Family and Testamentary Trusts
- Applying for Probate of the Will in the Supreme Court
- Collecting Estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, insurance payouts etc
- Selling or transferring Estate property including Estate auctions
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries
- Organising information for Estate tax returns
- Administering Trust funds
- Applying for Letters of Administration (if the Will is deemed invalid or is absent)
- Contesting Wills and defending Estate litigation in the Supreme Court
- Family mediation and negotiation
The arena of Estate Litigation is growing rapidly. It can have a dramatic impact on all parties involved – an impact that is financial as well as emotional and familial, which unfortunately can be long lasting.
It is desirable to avoid or minimise that risk wherever possible, but if it arises, then you must deal with it in a way that is positive and cost effective.
Estate litigation is a complex area of law that requires a clear understanding of the legal principles, the facts and the alternatives available.
To get proper advice on how to deal with the issues, call us today or